@YesHomeChef Berta is in the mix again with another delicious fan favorite. She’s got a recipe for Chicken Marsala that for some reason, tastes better with a glass of wine. We recommend both the Pinot Noir or our Pinot Grigio - Choose your Pinot!
4 chicken cutlets (let the store do the work)
Kosher salt and black pepper
Clarified butter (otherwise known as Ghee)
Cremini Mushrooms (but any kind will do)
Marsala, Sicily’s finest fortified wine, 1 cup
Shallots, chopped - about 2 to 3
Garlic, minced, about 1 to 2
Chicken stock, 1/2 cup
1/2 to 1 lemon juiced, depending on taste
Fresh herbs: flat parsley or chives (my FAV)
1 flurry to stir in end of sauce (1 T butter to 1 T flour)
- Heat 2 T ghee in hot pan on med/high heat, once smoking, put cutlets in pan w/ salt and pepper
- Cook on both sides 3 minutes, or until brown
- Take out of pan and put mushrooms in and cook till golden brown (add more ghee if necessary)
- Add Marsala to deglaze pan - scrape off brown bits form bottom of pan with wooden spoon - reduce 1/2
- Add stock, shallots, garlic and let cook down
- Pan sauce should be done... now time to season!
- Add lemon juice and fresh herbs to brighten, add more butter to smooth out sauce, salt if tastes dull
- Once sauce is seasoned, cut chicken diagonally, put on plate, and spoon sauce over. Top with herbs
Serve immediately and enjoy!