Technically speaking, the first day of summer isn’t until June 21st. But it’s safe to say Memorial Day is the “unofficial” start to summer and that’s a good enough reason for us to celebrate with some of our favorite delicious and ice cold wine cocktails.
It’s no secret that fun and festive cocktails can be loaded with calories and added sugars. But with dash of savviness and a few specially selected ingredients, low-sugar wine cocktails that score BIG in the flavor department are in your future.
Our quest find the best low-sugar red, wine and blue cocktails led us create two mouthwatering cocktails that will make your BBQ guests’ mouths drop. Our team couldn’t decide which was our favorite, so we figured why share one cocktail recipe when you can have two!
Red, White and Blue(berry) Sangria
First up, we’re saying cheers to summertime with our 4-Ingredient Red, White and Blue(berry) Sangria. Fresh raspberries, blueberries and apple slices, complement the zesty fruit flavors of FitVine Wine Sauvignon Blanc. With a flavor profile like this and the ability to prep in just 10-15 minutes, you’ll be sipping our Red, White and Blue(berry) Sangria from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- 1 bottle of FitVine Wine Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 Granny Smith Green Apple
- Slice apples into thin rounds and use a small star cookie cutter to cut out your stars.
- In a large pitcher, stir together wine, raspberries and blueberries. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours to allow the flavors to mingle.
- When you’re ready to serve, give the Sangria one more stir, pour into wine glasses, garnish with your apple stars and enjoy!
Red, Wine and Blue Layered Granita:
Fruity, boozy and refreshing, our Red, Wine and Blue Layered Granita will keep you cool all summer long. Made with FitVine Pinot Grigio, this recipe will meet (correction, exceed) your craving for a tasty adult slushie.
- 1 bottle of FitVine Pinot Grigio
- ¼ cup of cherries
- 1 tsp. Blue Spirulina. Or until you reach your desired color of blue.
- Divide your bottle of FitVine Pinot Grigio into three parts.
- Pour 1/3 of FitVine Pinot Grigio into a metal baking dish. Cover and freeze for 1.5 hours and then use a fork to scrape the contents and create a slushied texture. Return to freezer for another 2.5 hours.
- Whisk 1/3 of FitVine Pinot Grigio with blue spirulina. Pour into a metal baking dish. Cover and freeze for 1.5 hours and then use a fork to scrape the contents and create a slushied texture. Return to freezer for another 2.5 hours.
- Blend 1/3 of FitVine Pinot Grigio with cherries. Pour into a metal baking dish. Cover and freeze for 1.5 hours and then use a fork to scrape the contents and create a slushied texture. Return to freezer for another 2.5 hours.
- Remove all three trays from the freezer. Scrape each with a fork to make slushie texture.
- Layer contents into stemless wine glasses and enjoy immediately!
Did you try one of our recipes or create your own using FitVine Wine? We want to see it! Tag us on social media (@FitVine_Wine on Instagram, FitVineWine on Facebook, @FitVineWine on Twitter) and use #FitVineWine.