The holidays are officially here and the best way to spread holiday cheers is sipping Mulled Wine from Christmas to New Year’s! Our Slow Cooker Mulled Wine recipe is perfect for everything from holiday parties to a cozy night in spent decorating the tree. FitVine Cabernet Sauvignon is the star of this recipe created by our good friends, The Real Food Dietitians.
The warm red wine is deeply infused with fresh orange, sweet cinnamon, clove and licorice-y anise to make the perfect warm drink to sip and savor. With no added sugar, fewer sulfites, carbs and calories, you can fully enjoy a glass of this Slow Cooker Mulled Wine without the guilt.
Whether you’re new to Mulled Wine or a Mulled Wine expert, you’re going to want to give this recipe a try. Simply add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and let the oranges cinnamon, cloves, and anise infuse the red wine. It can’t get much easier than that! This recipe serves 10, but can easily be doubled to accommodate your bustling holiday party guests.
Let’s get Cookin’
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
- 2 bottles of FitVine Cabernet Sauvignon (750 mL each)
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 12-14 whole cloves
- Optional garnishes: orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise, etc.
- Place all ingredients (except garnish) in a slow cooker. Turn heat to LOW and cook 2-3 hours.
- Ladle into glasses or mugs and garnish as desired. Slow cooker may also be turned to ‘Keep Low’ if you’d prefer guests to serve themselves.
FitVine Cabernet Sauvignon Average Analysis (Per 5oz glass): 0.06g of Sugar, 117 Calories, 3.9g of Carbohydrates @ 13.9% alcohol
Did you make this festive low sugar holiday cocktail? Share your creations by tagging us on social media and including #FitVineWine