Serves 6-8 people
Steak + Marinade
- 2 pounds of strip steak
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsps honey
- 1 cup quinoa (or grain of your choice)
- ½ cup of canned chickpeas
- 1 cup of spinach
- ⅓ cup of bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, chopped
- 5-7 Kalamata or Black olives, chopped
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the steak and marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Place on a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cook quinoa (or grain of your choice) according to package.
- Saute spinach and veggies with a drizzle of olive oil until tender. Add in chickpeas and let heat for 1-2 min.
- Combine quinoa, veggie and chickpea mixture in a bowl.
- Plate the quinoa medley and top with the sliced steak.