- 1 12 oz package Sea Tangle kelp noodles
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion, minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Sea Seasonings dulse seaweed with garlic powder
- 1 28-oz San Marzano tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1 cup pitted, calamata olives chopped
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
Fill a large bowl with warm water, halve the lemon and squeeze the juice into the water. Open the package of kelp noodles, drain package liquid and put the noodles into the warm lemon water to soak for 30-45 minutes while you cook.
Heat the oil in a saucepan and sautee the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes till the garlic is golden and caramelized. Add the seaweed seasoning and toss.
Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, oregano and parsley. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes till color deepens.
Drain the kelp noodles and them to the sauce, add the cherry tomatoes, toss to coat, and cook for 8-10 more minutes. Add the tamari and black pepper to taste. Garnish with whole olives, more parsley and serve hot with a glass of your favorite FitVine red.